Google Earth Pro for Free

There it is!  The teaches favorite F word.  Free!  You can now download Google Earth (GE) Pro for Free.  Check out the post from CNET.  My download is running concurrently with this post.    I have used the Pro version for many years.  A perk of being a Google Certified Teacher at the time.  Then Google started clamping down on giving the $400 version of Google Earth away for free and I was back amongst the masses.  Some of the Pro features I enjoyed were better measurement tools and the ability to save your tour and export it as a movie for PC or Mac.  A very cool feature when combined with the Google Lit Trips.  Check out the website here.  Google Lit Trips is the brain child of Jerome Burg and was hatched at the original Google Teacher Academy attended by many of my OG (Original Google) friends.  I am still waiting on that backpack!  I digress.  A Google Lit Trip is a downloadable GE tour that follows the events of literature and could include music of the day, authentic sources, or potential in class discussion starters.

One thought on “Google Earth Pro for Free

1. This sure looks like a great resource. I’m going to have to pass your post around to my history and English prof friends. Thanks for posting about this.