SuperNews: Trouble with Twitter

People tell me all the time that they don’t want to be on Twitter.  Heck.  I even heard it from members of my doctoral cohort.  The reasons are consistent. What do I have to talk about that others would want to read about?  Who would follow me?  I don’t want to know what everyone is doing all day every day.  The team at SuperNews does a great job of portraying those concerns in this funny Twitter parody.  Check it out.

Some of those ideas are taken further in this comparison of Twitter having jumped the shark, which is the sign that a TV show is now on the decline.

As I have shared with my cohort, Education is the single biggest sector of tweets each day.  In this article from Ed Surge, a Twitter exec shares that out of the half billion tweets per day, 4.2 million of them are focused on education.  As 21st Century educators, if we are not on Twitter, we are not involved in the conversation and may soon be on the way of the Dodo.   If a teacher can be replaced by a machine, the should be.  Sugata Mitra

One thought on “SuperNews: Trouble with Twitter